Press forward with determination
I absolutely love this quote by the great coach and legend Vince Lombardi, “the difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”
As you ponder those words, you cannot help but feel the power of determination. We are all going face challenges and setbacks in our life. For those that find the inner strength and determination to press forward, they will see great blessings enter their life.
As you look at those people you admire most, I would venture a guess that one of the characteristics they have is determination. They are successful in some way and that success did not come easy. They had to apply themselves, work hard and do the things that that would lead them to their goals. It is that determination to act and make it happen that sets them apart.
You deserve to find that determination and then make great things happen. A hero never sits around waiting for someone else to get things done. A hero never sits around and gives up when the road gets bumpy. A hero takes a determined attitude, sets the course then presses forward to make great things happen. That is one of the keys to building and maintaining inner strength.
Be a hero today.
Something we hear about often but may not pay as much attention to as we should is the influence the people we associate with have on us. Your inner strength is heavily influenced by those around you. Surround yourself with those that can both help develop your inner strength as well as be a pillar of strength in your life.
- When you take a look at some of the old Roman structures you often see these great and beautiful columns or pillars. These are sign of strength while also serving an important purpose when it comes to the structure itself. As you look at the people you surround yourself with, do they bring you strength or do they bring you down? What is their influence on you? It is so important that your Circle of Influence is one that will help you reach your full potential. Those that want to see you succeed can help you feel empowered. On the other hand, if you are surrounding yourself with those that gossip, are negative and do things that lead to trouble, you are holding yourself back. Make a conscious decision right now to surround yourself with those that can be a pillar of strength for you. The benefits will be both short-term and long-term.
- There is one other reason this is important. Others are looking to you to be one of their pillars of strength. There is great power in your influence on others. Knowing this will help you best your best you, always. It will help you to continually work on developing your inner strength. When you think no one is watching, think again. You are a force for good. You are a hero, now it is time to go out get inspired and then inspire.
Who are you going to surround yourself with?
Make it happen hero!
That’s right, I quit, and here’s why.
- True happiness is worth it
- Anxiety, depression, feeling alone are real but won’t control me
- Doing hard things will always be required
- Family must come first
- Internal peace is more important than worldly recognition
- Talent and skill should define us not what others say
- Ethics and values can never be compromised
- Finding the good in others helps your own outlook
- Service must replace selfishness
- Good friends are a must have
- Time is precious and must be used wisely
That is why I Quit. I quit comparing my life with others. I quit allwoing trials to define me. I quit thinking about what could have been. I quit waiting for others to see my value. I quit judging others. I quit being a victim of my circumstances. I quit using social media as a crutch to blame my mental health challenges. I quit feeling/thinking this world would be better off without me. I quit hurting myself whether it be physically, mentally or spiritually.
It can be so easy to fall into the trap of negativity, self-pity and even depression when life is not going how you planned. The tornado of frustration can take us to dark places which will influence almost all aspects of our life. When this happens the statement misery loves company becomes all too real. There is only one way to turn things around and that is to make a decision to change then take the action to quit what has led you down that unhappy path.
In all honesty, this change may need to include mental health professionals. Let me state this as clearly as I can, it is okay to get help, it can be necessary. We are human and as such we can often be our greatest roadblock to change. This is especially true when it comes to our mental health. There is absolutely nothing wrong asking for help. With help comes hope.
We were not put on this earth to live an unhappy and unfulfilling life. I believe we were sent to be happy. I believe that our strengths were given to us in order to help others. I believe we all will need help. I also believe that we become happy when we focus on loving ourselves, learning, loving others, developing our strengths, serving, believing and caring. Those are hard to do when we allow tough times take over our life and use our weaknesses as our default.
Being happy should be a habit we instill in our lives. Being happy is truly a strength. We deserve to have peace, joy and hope. You and I have great value on this earth. This value is to family, friends, pets, teachers, colleagues, teammates, roommates, etc. Never underestimate the strength that comes from your ability to change your life.
Always know that you matter and people care.
We’ve Got This,