How do you define a hero?
Here are some common definitions from a variety of different dictionaries and sources:
- A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.
- A person noted for special achievement in a particular field.
- A person revered especially for noble courage.
- A person who is looked up to for having done something brave or noble.
- A person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal
Now a deeper question, are you a hero? Depending on who you ask and the situation you are referring to, you will get a variety of answers. Many people may not consider themselves a hero even if others identify them as one. The truth is, every single person, especially teenagers, youth, young people have the ability to identify what makes them a hero to themselves and others. It is this identification that is so important. With so many outside influences many of these great teenagers are lead astray and may never reach their full potential because they have not found the hero within themselves.
The journey we are about to embark on has been one where there has been years of preparation, experiences and identification. We have found the hero within ourselves and now want nothing more than to help the wonderful youth of this world help identify what makes them a hero so they can positively influence this world. We hope you will join us.
Founding Board Member
The Pink Shoe Hero Foundation